Saturday, April 2, 2011

LIQUID HOT HAIR

For as long as I can remember I have been mildly obsessed with hair colors reminiscent of tropical wild flowers and volcanic eruptions.  In high school my hair consisted of a color scheme that resembled the many varieties of the Orchid. Back then it was more of a shock to see wild hair colors than it is today.
A trend I give 2 thumbs up is the ferocious reds and oranges a la Rhianna, Kat Von D and Nicki Minaj.


 It excites me as a Hairstylist to paint peoples hair as wild as can be imagined. The colors out now are amazing. You can  DIY but in order to achieve the intensity of the true color you would have to lighten you hair to a very light blonde. This would involve bleach which if not used properly you can destroy your hair. My recommendation is to find a salon that has these fun colors or you can buy them online and bring them to your stylist. My favorite to use is Tish & Snookys' Manic Panic. They have the best variety of colors which now include a select amount that glow under black light. How cool is that!?!
If you're feeling like a wild child I say make your whole head pop with some cool color. For those of you feeling just a bit feirce you can do some peakaboo highlights with these fun colors.

 For More info on how to do these styles leave a comment.
to buy cool hair colors follow the link
http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/c/36-Hair-Color.aspx





Kat Von D image found on  weheartit.com
Nicki Minaj image found on http://www.vissastudios.com
Rhianna image found on www.lovelyrihanna.com

1 comment:

  1. I totally love colors if it's done right. These lovely ladies ROCK color well!

    ReplyDelete