Sunday, March 27, 2011

GET GORGEOUS TIP

If there's one hairstyle that is my go to for ANY occasion, be it formal or casual, it would have to be those beautiful beach waves sported by celebrities like Kate Hudson.

I love this style it works for everything, I probably wear it  almost on a daily basis and it usually lasts a good 2 or 3 days. If you have time you can use hot rollers for this look i like to use Conair hot rollers which you can get at any drugstore for a reasonable price. If you don't have time for rollers or to set it before you go to sleep then I recommend using my friend the curling iron. Use a 1 " and 1 1/2" barrel curling iron.
1) Start with clean hair, this is important as oils and build up can weigh hair down and make waves fall.
2) Section hair into 4 sections. Section 1 take a 3 to 4 inch "Mohawk" section on the top of you head to about half down the crown. Section 2 and 3 will be the sides from the front your hair line to about and inch past your ears. Section 4 will be everything behind that on the back of your head.
3) Mist your hair with my fav beach head product "SURF" by bumble and bumble (it smells good too!)
4) Take different size sections of your hair (you can be the judge of how much or how little) wrap hair vertically around curling irons alternating between 2 sizes (1 would work as well if you don't have 2) I start from the nap of my neck to the back of my head then over to the sides up to the Mohawk section last.
5) After your hair has cooled down spray one more time with surf spray and then tousle to break up curls into waves. Spritz with a bit of hairspray to hold.

On a side note don't brush out hair it will only get frizzy...YIKES!! Break curls with fingers for beautiful beach waves!!!

With Love,
*L

No comments:

Post a Comment